Thu, Jun 15|
Borderline Rendezvous '23- June 15-17
The world's only Landscape Curbing Convention. Our 6th annual event held in Bismarck, North Dakota. This is by far the largest gathering of curbing professionals on the planet. You will not find another event like this anywhere.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 2023, 6:30 AM CDT – Jun 17, 2023, 1:30 PM CDT
Redezvous, 1613 43rd Ave SE, Mandan, ND 58554, USA
About the event
This years event will be held for 3 days in beautiful Bismarck, North Dakota!
Day one - On day one we take everyone onsite to shadow our install crew (Valley Borders). We will do multiple jobs to show all aspects of a working crew and many different curbing situations that we can't show in a normal basic training. This is a great opportunity to see what each crew member does, how they help each other, and the efficiences needed be a great curbing company. If we have time on this day after the installs we will get everyone together to talk about the finer aspects of a curbing business such as marketing, pricing, employees ect. This will be a laid back open ended discussion with some of the best curbers in the industry.
Day two - This will be a full day of basic training. Anything you may encounter on a jobsite with your own crew. We go in depth throught the whole mixing process, the ratios, sand, admixtures we use and why. Your trainers will explain fully how to operate a curb machine (sting), trowel and finish the curb, inside and outside curves, tree rings, stops n starts, cutdowns, colors, roller stamps, islands, corners, and anything else that is needed. This is a full hands on event so most of the curb that is mixed and put on the ground is by the attendees. We will have multiple machines and trailers/mixers so everyone has the opportunity to curb. In a setting like this we will have upwards of 1200-1500 ft of curb on the ground and go until you feel you've had enough. There absolutely isn't another curbing event like this on the planet, not even close.
Day 3 - For those who are staying for the Advanced Stone course this is your day. We go through all aspects and techniques of creating your own stone. Typically this day ends around noon so if you have afternoon flights on Saturday you can make it. The full 3 day event is the cost of the Borderline Carve Kit.
What is the Rendezvous and how did it begin?
- Several years ago we decided to get as many curbers together as we could to exchange ideas and help new businesses get started. It was such a success that we have had it every year since until covid put a wrench into that in 2020. Last year '22, we had just under 100 people here which was over 50 companies from all over the U.S. and Canada. We expect well over that in 2023 as our industry just keeps growing and expanding.
What do we do?
- In previous years we've conducted this event around more of a convention type feel along with hands-0n training. Several different presentations including state patrol (cdl requirements), CPA (accounting), State Farm (Ins requirements), social media, website (google - SEO), pricing, advertising, ect just to name a few. We heard from many professionals from all over the continent who shared their knowledge and experience with us.
- This year will be a little bit different as we know we will have to accomodate more people. Our main focus will be on those who are new to curbing or have recently started their business. Breaking up into groups to make sure that the ones who need help get it. We will be running multiple machines and mixers so you can get the machine time that you need. Alot of the powerpoint presentations we had previously will be conducted in more laid back discussions to make sure we get everyone ample time to train. We will have at least a dozen trainers here not only to help in the physical aspects of curbing but also to answer business questions and offer their knowledge. These guys come to help us from every corner of the continent and we consider them our Borderline Professors. They have 100's of years of combined experience and are willing to share that with you.
- We really appreciate all of the support we have been given since the rebirth of Borderline in 2017. We hold this event to show our gratitude to all of our past customers but also the new friends we will make in the business.
IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED ANY OF THE PREVIOUS 5 BORDERLINE RENDEZVOUS, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO COME FREE OF CHARGE. JUST CLICK THE FREE TICKET WHEN YOU SIGN UP.
Where do we go?
- There is only one airport in Bismarck and its 15 minutes away from Borderline. The metro area is very easy to get around in and there are dozens of hotels in the area that are within 10-15 minutes drive of our facility. I will list some of the closest ones here so you can book the one you want. We leave the room accomodations up to you to find one that suits you.
Our address is: Borderline USA
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- Home2 Suites
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Expressway Suites
- Ramkota Hotel
- La Quinta Inn
- Staybridge Suites
- If you have any questions please call 701 751 2705. If you haven't joined the Landscape Curbing Network on facebook, please do. There will be tons of info on this event along with everything else curbing on that page.
I'm sure there will be many questions that you may have and we will try answer them as soon as they arise so please feel free to contact us.
Full 3 day event ticket!
You will get the Borderline Carve kit including the Missouri Flagstone and Fractured Quartz stamp kits, along with the full online training course with this ticket.$2,500.00+$62.50 service fee
2 Day Event Ticket
This is for both Thursday and Friday (not sat).$300.00+$7.50 service fee
Previous Rendezvous Attendee!
This is for those people who have been a previous Borderline Redezvous in Bismarck.$0.00
Already paid for stoner course
If at anytime in the past you either purchased the online stoner course or the hands on stoner training, this ticket is for your company. This will be 50$ per company to help pay for food and materials.$50.00+$1.25 service fee